Friday, January 16, 2009

Don't Act Like Me

Gretchen: Mom, can I go outside?

Me: No, I already told you it's too cold out. It's 10 degrees!

Gretchen: But, Mom, it's sunny outside!

Me: Gretchen, that's one.

*I'm thinking here...she's not going to let this go*

Me: Actually Gretchen, yes, you can go outside. Go ahead and step out onto the front porch. See how cold it is. Don't even bother putting your shoes on.

Gretchen: You mean you want my feet to freeze?

Me: Sure, why not?

Gretchen: MOM! Don't start acting like me!

Now that has got to be about the funniest thing my 6 1/2 year old daughter has ever said to me!

3 comments:

  1. ROTFL! That's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahahahha. that IS a good one!

    mawah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Hmm, the term "too smart for her own good" comes to mind. :) (I understand, I have one of those too!)

    ReplyDelete