Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yarn Bombing: part 2

A little present for my bff's parents, on a neighborhood street in south Toledo. My girls were with me when I left this, and as I was tying it to the basketball pole, my DD was yelling, "Mom, I don't think they are going to like that! They don't even know you! They won't like a stranger put knitting on their pole!". After I explained that yes, I did know them (since I was 4 years old) and yes, they would like it, DD was mad at me for laughing about it. "Why do you think something that is pretty is funny?" So suddenly, the knitting went from being a thing that would annoy someone to being something pretty. Ah, the mind of a 6 year old...

1 comment:

  1. Hi G -- just saw your yarn bombing posts. Hilarious! I forgot that the pic of my folks' house would be here. Love what you left them! I will be over there tomorrow so I'll have to see if it's still up, and/or what they might have thought of it! I'll keep ya posted. Wouldn't be surprised if Joyce guesses right! Also I still smile big each time I see the one in my front yard. This is great! PS -- someone should knit the chic statue below a bra. ha ha

    ReplyDelete